Job Opportunity – HCS Maintenance Technician
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
TERM: 12 months
JOB GOAL: The job of General Maintenance Technician is to ensure that the facilities maintenance work assigned to him/her is completed in a professional manner meeting industry standards. The facilities maintenance staff‘s overall goal is to provide a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, safe environment for Haywood County Schools students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• High School diploma (additional training in the skilled trades preferred)
• Practical experience in carpentry, plumbing, electricity, refrigeration, and related fields.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Effective decision-making and verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License (CDL preferred)
• Must be able to work from mechanical lifts, ladders and in elevated locations
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
1. Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
2. Performs a wide variety of general and skilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames
3. Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
4. Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
5. Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
6. Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events. Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
7. Cleans District buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
8. Coordinates with other skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently. Installs system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
9. Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
10. Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Physical Operations and Transportation.
Please submit a resume to Toni Eubanks
It is the policy of the Haywood County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in its educational programs or employment.
To view this document in PDF format, CLICK HERE