Skills2Build Job Fair
The City of Brownsville and Teknor Apex will host a job fair.
Date: February 23, 2016
Time: 11:00 am
Location: Brownsville-Haywood County Chamber of Commerce
Job Fair Readiness
Candidates will need to fill out an application which will include, but is not limited to, the following information:
• Name of Employer/ Company Worked For
• Employer Address & phone number
• Job title held & primary responsibilities
• Dates of employment (at least the month and year)
Applicants need to be prepared to provide the Name/ Location for any education degree/ diploma earned.
An applicant should be able to provide at least 3 professional references that can attest to their work performance (this excludes family members or friends)
All applicants MUST attend the City of Brownsville Workforce Development
Skills 2 Build “How to” Session prior to receiving an interview. Skills 2 Build
Sessions begin at 11 am interviews with Teknor Apex HR Managers begin at 1 pm.
1. Skills 2 Build Session (1) 11 am-12
a. ‘How to Properly Fill out an Application’- Class 1
b. ‘How to Interview’ -Class 2
c. ‘What does this Job Consist of?’- Class 3
2. Skills 2 Build Session (2) 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
3. Skills 2 Build Session (3) 2:00pm-3:00 pm
You may sign up on-site for the Career Ready Certificate Program.