The City of Brownsville Police Department Seeking Police Officers
· A minimum age of 21 years
· U.S. citizenship
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· A clean criminal history
· No dishonorable discharge from the military
· Pass physical and mental health examinations
· Good moral character
· Fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations
The Brownsville Police Department does not hire officers until they are 21 years of age. Military experience and or a Criminal Justice degree is preferred.
The starting salary for an officer is $31,000. Upon completing the academy, pay increases to $33,000. Patrol officers receive a $2,000 pay increase with a maximum salary being $39,000. Ranking positions have additional pay increments. Police officers receive yearly special pay incentives/bonuses for additional state training. Deadline for applications is August 2, 2019.