To City of Brownsville Citizens
The health and safety of our citizens and employees in every department are our top priority. In an effort to limit social contact to protect our citizens and employees, I am implementing the following protocols.
1. Beginning Monday, Monday, March 23, 2020, City Hall will be closed to walk in traffic until April 1, 2020.
2. The offices will continue to serve citizens during normal business hours by phone or by appointment only.
3. Customers are encouraged to pay property taxes and other fees by U.S. mail or by credit card via phone.
4. Staff will be available to answer any questions during the normal business hours.
5. Safety personnel (Police, Fire, and Central Dispatch) will be available at all times.
6. Public Works will be operating on their same schedule using precautions.
During this time of anxiety and uncertainty, we want you to know we are here for you. We remain dedicated to the safety of the citizens and employees. We will continue to closely monitor this situation and modify any protocols as needed. Please stay safe, wash your hands, and avoid crowds. All of us are thinking of you and wishing you and your families good health and well-being.
William D. Rawls